This is the most wonderful recipe for brownies!! It is easy, looks nice and chocolatey wonderful! All of the women in my family use it and received the recipe as brides-
- Melt 2 squares unsweetened chocolate and 1/2 cup butter or margarine(I always use butter!), in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and add 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl and add 1 teaspoon vanilla, cream together.
- Add egg mixture to large saucepan and with a wooden spoon(or any large spoon), stir the mixture until smooth and egg mixture is incorporated.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 inch square cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!! Check with toothpick and should still be a little moist.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes and dust with powdered sugar. Cut in squares and watch them disappear.