- 7-8 tart, large apples, pared, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- My recipe for a 2 pie crusts
Combine sugar, flour, spices, and dash salt; mix with apples. Line a 9 inch pie pan with crust. Fill with apple mixture and dot with butter. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for steam to escape (can make a decorative design to look nicer). Seal edges. brush crust wilk 2 teaspoons of milk and sprinkle all over with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted in slit finds apples soft and well done. The juice will often bubble out indicating the pie is done also. Cool on wire rack and serve with vanilla bean ice cream. Perfect!!!