- 1 pkg. instant yeast (can use regular)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 TBLS. sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 TBLS. oil(I like Crisco vegetable)
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups unbleached flour(I like Pillsbury or King Arthur)
- 1 jar Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce
- 1 12 oz bag grated 5 cheese Italian
- 1 12 oz bag mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni, sliced (If using instead of sausage/hamburger mix)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage and 1/2 lb. hamburger, crumbled and browned.
- about 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 of an 8 oz. pkg. of mushrooms sliced
- green or red peppers, sauteed(I prefer red cause they are milder)
In bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt amd oil. Mix well. Gradually add flour to form a stiff dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth. Put a little oil in medium bowl, turn dough to oil both sides, and cover with a damp towel. Let rise until doubled in bulk.
Empty dough out on pastry cloth that has been floured and divide in half. Roll out thin and put each half in a pizza pan or on a pizza baking stone. (For grandkids, I use 7 inch cast iron skillets). Crimp the edges to hold toppings. Spread Ragu on very thin, covering surface and then almost 1/2 of the grated cheese from each bag(you will have a little left but you also can use it all). Put the meats on next and then veggie toppings. Bake at 400 degrees about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. So much fun to make with friends or family!!