Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween Pumpkin Spice cupcakes


Halloween is my very favorite holiday!! These are always a big hit for all the Fall celebrations and I have friends who don't like pumpkin, that like these. They are made with a cake mix, but don't taste like it and for homeroom mothers, they make at least 24 cupcakes. I frost them with the cream cheese frosting, I use with my Carrot Cake and decorate them, according to the holiday. Enjoy!!!


  1. 1 package Spice cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)

  2. 1 can (15 ounces) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin

  3. 3 large organic Eggs

  4. 1/3 cup vegetable oil ( I use Crisco in baking)

  5. 1/3 cup water

  6. 1 Recipe cream cheese frosting, found with my carrot cake recipe

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups(may make 2 or 3 more). Blend cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and water in a large mixer bowl until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes and remove to wire racks to cool completely. Ice with cream cheese frosting. Happy Fall!

No comments: