Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pecan Pie a la Camelia Grill


This is the most mouth watering recipe for Pecan pie that I have ever tasted!! It comes from the Camelia Grill which is located in New Orleans. Luckily, it survived Katrina and is located in the old Garden District near Tulane University. When you order their pecan pie, they slather the Grill with butter and heat the pie up for you. Heavenly! My sister got the recipe from them many years ago and it is the only pecan pie recipe we use. Enjoy!



  • 4 Eggs

  • 1/4 teas. salt

  • 1/4 cup melted butter

  • 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup

  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar(I use and prefer light)

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell(pie crust) See my blog for recipe

  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs with a wire whisk or fork until completely mixed. Add salt, butter, syrup, sugar, and vanilla; mix well with whisk. Pour into pastry shell, sprinkle with pecans.( i break my pecans into pieces rather than chopping, like in a food processor. I like the pieces "chunkier"). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes on the middle rack.

No comments: