- Basic dough for 9 inch crust(See my dough recipe) or a 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 5 Egg Whites from large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- One 10 ounce package frozen strawberries, thawed(Can substitute 1 10 ounce pkg. of frozen raspberries)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, chilled and whipped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- A strawberry or 2 for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9 inch pie pan with crust. Prick all over with a fork, then press a piece of heavy duty foil snugly into the pie shell. Bake for 6 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for about 10 minutes more, until light brown, dry and crisp. Put the egg whites in a large bowl(preferably metal) and beat until soft peaks form(heads kind of droop when you pull beaters up). Add the sugar gradually, and continue beating, until the whites stand in firm peaks. Beat in the strawberries and their juice, and continue beating until the mixture is thick,fluffy and stands in soft peaks that droop slightly when the beater is lifted. Fold in the whipped cream and pile into the prepared pie shell. Chill for several hours before serving. Top with additional whipped cream in center and garnish with a strawberry or two. Yummy!!