Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Judy's Pineapple Cake

My friend, Judy Kennerson, gave me this recipe a couple of years ago to make her birthday cake for our bridge group. I just made it again for her and the gals in bridge group asked me to post it to my recipe site. I made a couple of additions to the cake which I think make it extra good. It called for walnuts in the original and I changed that to toasted pecans and I also toast coconut and sprinkle it on the top as all the bridge girls like coconut so much. Good cake to take to pot lucks too. Here you go bridge friends...
  1. 2 cups flour
  2. 2 cups sugar
  3. 2 teaspoons baking soda
  4. 1 teaspoon salt
  5. 2 Extra large eggs ( Original called for large but think it makes the cake a little lighter to use the extra large)
  6. 2 teaspoons vanilla
  7. 1 - 15 ounce can crushed pineapple ( Can use 20 ounce but I substituted this instead so not so dense)

Combine all of the above and mix in large bowl until well blended. Pour into a GREASED 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. When cake comes out of the oven HOT, combine the following and spread on cake. Top with 3/4 cup toasted coconut!!!

  1. 1 stick butter, softened
  2. 1 8 ounce cream cheese
  3. 2-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  4. 1 teaspoon vanilla
  5. 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped

No comments: