Saturday, September 4, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

Another great family recipe from my friend, Jamie Henderson Swensen. This is one of my favorite recipes, I have received over the last month to post. My husband loves it too. Just add a nice green salad and some French Bread and you have a nice meal. Great for a cool Fall evening meal, and sure to become a favorite of yours too.
  1. 1lb. 1/4-1/2 inch thick round steak( I use about a lb. and a half as my husband likes lots of meat!!) You can also use good quality stew meat- 1 1/2 lbs.
  2. 2/3 cup water
  3. 1 cup sour cream
  4. 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
  5. 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced or 1 small can sliced mushrooms
  6. 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
  7. 1 pkg. cooked egg noodles
  8. 1 TBLS. flour

Slice steak to desire thickness( strips or chunks, I prefer strips). Brown in skillet in 2 TBLS. oil. Add water, fresh mushrooms or undrained canned mushrooms, and soup mix. Heat to boiling. Blend sour cream, cream cheese, and flour in bowl and add to meat mixture. Simmer for 15 minutes.( I added a TBLS. or 2 of cooking sherry to this and really liked that taste too) Serve over hot noodles. Serves 4.

No comments: