- 12 Eggs
- 2 TBLS. of butter- always use real stuff!
- 1 small can of mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 cup of cream or half and half
- 2 lbs. Jimmy Dean original sausage
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
Evenly coat bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking dish with the butter. Brown sausage and drain. Break eggs into the baking dish and spread over pan. Yokes should be broken but NOT mixed in with whites. Spread mushrooms over eggs. Add cream or half and half, pour over evenly. Again, DO NOT MIX!! Sprinkle browned sausage over all evenly and top with the shredded cheese. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight- THIS IS A MUST!!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, the next morning. Uncover and bake casserole for 1 hour. this may take longer depending on your oven, just make sure the center is set up. YUMMY!!