Monday, August 25, 2008

Ann's famous Peach Cobbler and Peach/Blueberry Cobbler


This is my most requested dessert, in season. Even when I go back to Missouri, everyone wants me to make it. Of course, peaches have to be in season. I have always called this Peach cobbler, as Wilhelmina, the woman who taught me to make it when I was a child, called it that, it is really a peach pie too. She used to help my mom and Grandmother, Buggie with parties, and made the best biscuits, fried chicken and peach cobbler this side of heaven!! I owe her a great debt for this recipe. I've put the recipe for Peach/Blueberry too and the picture is of it.




  • 1 recipe of mine for a 2 crust pie (look in index)


  • 6-7 large ripe peaches(add a couple of more if smaller, to make 5 cups or so), peeled


  • 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar


  • 3 tablespoons of flour


  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg


  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon


  • Dash salt


  • butter


  • small amount of milk


  • cinnamon sugar


Roll out bottom crust and place in a 9 inch pie pan. Mix together the peaches, flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Place mixture in pie plate and dot with a few pieces of butter. Roll out other crust and cut in 1 inch strips. Place on top of pie in lattice pattern. Brush top with a pastry brush and a small amount of milk. Sprinkle entire top with cinnamon sugar,. Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes. I like to place fruit pies on a baking sheet so they don't run over into oven. check pie at about 35 minutes and cover with foil if getting too brown. Can serve with vanilla ice cream and make cinnamon crust with leftover crust from pie(See my index). Wait for the raves!!



Peach/Blueberry Cobbler



Take out a peach and add 1 cup of fresh blueberries. Continue with recipe as above

No comments: