- Catsup 5 Quarts or 46-48 ounces
- Cider Vinegar 3 quarts or 1 Quart
- Salt 1/2 Cup or 1/8 cup
- Sugar 1 Cup or 1/3 cup
- Prepared Mustard 1 cup or 1/3 cup
- Ground Red Pepper 2 Tablespoons or 1 level teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper 2-3 Tablespoons or 1 teaspoon+
- La. Hot Sauce 6 oz. or 3 oz.
- Worchestershire Sauce 8 oz. or 4 oz.
Combine all of the above in a large pot, and watching CAREFULLY, bring to a boil, stirring frequently(it can boil over suddenly, because of the sugar). When you can't "stir down" a boli. turn it off.
Fresh lemon (or lime)- juice of 8-10 lemons for large batch or 4-5 lemons, for smaller batch.
Butter- 1 pound for large batch, or 1/3 pound for smaller batch. After butter melts, bring it back to a boil and it's done!! NOTE: If you leave the butter out, the sauce lasts longer- won't get rancid. Keep sauce in refrigerator if you use butter. My note, I used butter, adding some as I use it instead of putting in the whole batch at once. Heated it a little so butter would melt into the sauce. As Paula Deen says, "Just a little more buttah"!! makes everything better.